Saturday, June 9, 2007

Re: [BLUG] Gaming session tonight will be BZFlag

Thanks for stopping by. It turns out that I will be able to play. I
thought I wouldn't at first, but some RHN downtime caused me to postpone
what I was doing until tommorow.

On Sun, Jun 10, 2007 at 01:37:49AM GMT, Gillis, Chad [rcgillis@indiana.edu] said the following:
>
> I stopped by but it's just as well that you guys weren't around since
> my tank might have looked a bit dorky. I got a warning: Your lag is
> too high (1125 ms). I've never used this computer for gaming before and
> don't have any experience setting up video so it's optimized. I don't
> think it's a hardware problem (128 MB ATI Mobility Radeon X1400, 1.8
> GHz dual core). I'm using vesa so maybe I need to install the
> proprietary driver fglrx instead? Or could the lag be caused by
> something else (besides the internet connection which is fine)?
>
> As stated in the wiki though, installation was a breeze. Without
> exaggeration it took about ten seconds.
>
> >>Mark Krenz wrote:
> >>> I couldn't get Armagetron's dedicated server to work, so we're going
> >>>to play BZFlag tonight instead.
> >>>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> BLUG mailing list
> BLUG@linuxfan.com
> http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug
>

--
Mark Krenz
Bloomington Linux Users Group
http://www.bloomingtonlinux.org/
_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: