Friday, July 6, 2007

[BLUG] CUPS really is good! (was: Re: Has the list gone quiet?)

Thanks for this encouragement. I just finally did it, and it was,
indeed, very easy. Autodetection didn't work, but just a bit of
googling and I knew what URL to use for network printing, and it all
went fine. Hooray!

Thinking back, I think the last time I played with it I was running
some variation of Fedora on the server side. The client couldn't do
anything with it. I'm sure it would have been possible, but I got
very miffed at having to read docs and edit config files in this new
supposedly easy printing system. Well, it's just one more way that
Ubuntu makes everything easier.

Thanks again, just knowing that others thought it was easier made me a
lot less resistent to working on it. (Truth be told, I don't like
printers)

David

On Sat, Jun 30, 2007 at 04:37:52PM -0400, Simón Ruiz wrote:
>Agreed. The only time I ever had problems, it was because I had only
>half-downloaded the right driver from linuxprinting.org. The majority
>of the time I've installed a printer, the right drivers were install
>by default.
>
>On 6/30/07, Steven Black <blacks@indiana.edu> wrote:
>>It has always been smooth as cake for me.
>

--
_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: