Sunday, August 12, 2007

[BLUG] Re: BLUG digest, Vol 1 #687 - 7 msgs

Mark Krenz wrote:
> Ok, so what brands are people swearing by these days?
>
> I've used WD, Maxtor, Seagate, Hitachi and IBM over the past 10
> years, although the last two very little. I've just found WD to be
> much more realiable. I'm always regretting it when I choose a
> different brand.
The last three hard drives I bought were Western Digital, Seagate, and
Seagate, in that order. All are still running strong. Almost
everything I've heard about Maxtor has been bad, but they were bought
out by Seagate a couple years ago (as you probably know) so it's
possible their quality will change (or has changed already). For what
it's worth, if I buy a new drive in the near future it will probably be
a Seagate.

-Evan

_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: