Thursday, September 13, 2007

Re: [BLUG] C/C++

On 12/09/2007, Pawsitive Results <pawsitiveresults@gmail.com> wrote:
> As some of you know, I'm taking the beginning C/C++/C# class at Ivy
> Tech this semester, in which we're using Microsoft Visual Studio 2005.
>
> What tool/tools would you suggest I start with, to follow along on the
> Linux side? I suspect I'll learn better, if I'm more able to mentally
> separate the task from the tools (if that makes sense).
>
For a more similar experience with Visual Studio, I'd suggest KDevelop
or Anjuta -- both are graphical IDEs like Visual Studio, and I think
the Makefiles they generate should be quite readable.

Not sure it's a good idea to learn a language, an editor *and* a build
system all at once!

--
Michel
_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: