Friday, October 19, 2007

[BLUG] Gutsy question

Last night I upgrade to Gutsy on a machine using the recommended net
install. It went fine on one machine, but on another it complained about
my mythtv backend crashing and it appears as if I'm left with an
incomplete install...

Upon rebooting, update manager is not reporting any updates, yet Compiz
is not loaded, I'm missing the Screens and Graphics control panel, and I
still have the Desktop Effects control panel. This is what leads me to
believe that I have an incomplete reinstall.

So, what is the best way to do a reinstall of Gutsy considering the fact
that the net install is no longer an option in Update Manager or via
doing a "do-release-upgrade" in the command line? I obviously do not
want to reformat my drive and start over again.

Is there anyway to force a net reinstall? Should I try the alternate CD?

--
Joe Auty
NetMusician: web publishing software for musicians
http://www.netmusician.org
joe@netmusician.org
_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: