Friday, October 12, 2007

Re: [BLUG] NOV meeting topic

On 10/12/07, Matt Standish <mstandish@gmail.com> wrote:
> No it's not OpenMosix.. It may be condor (someone from my group will
> chime in if I am wrong (At 1:30 I am sure I am wrong :) )) and it can
> run video rendering. Sorta like Seti@home for clustering... I believe
> it has been rewritten since Liggett was involved but the same purpose
> exists.

So, any process can enlist neighbor's help? Like, say I opened 2,000
separate copies of the OOXML standard definition at the same time, it
would offload the processor requirements?

I was under the impression that it only worked with applications that
were specifically written for it to work with.

That's pretty awesome!

Simón

_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: