Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Re: [BLUG] considering a job in computers

I can tell you that D. Cooley is right on the money with what he said.
In Feb, I interviewed - and narrowly missed - getting an IT job at IU.
When the guy called back to let me know they hired someone else, I
suspected that they hired someone with an A+ Certification and/or more
experience. His response was that those sorts of things aren't as
important - he said "I can teach you the skill set". He was impressed
with my willingness to solicit input from the people I serve. He said
he'd call me if another job came open.

Plug alert: I'm still looking for computer and/or teaching jobs (I have
a high school teaching license) in Bloomington. If you have any hot
tips - email me.

I'll be missing this month's BLUG meeting at Yogi's, but am going to try
like heck to make the next one. I've never been to one and they sound
pretty awesome.
Matt
_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: