Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Re: [BLUG] VoIP/SIP phones at the MCP library?

Hi all - if someone tries this (using the library's wireless bandwidth for SIP/VoIP) and hits a snag, please let me know.  We don't have a specific policy on this, and it's not something I'd expect our reference staff to be able to help with, but we're not intentionally blocking this type of activity, and I'd also be curious to hear if anyone tries this out.

Ned Baugh
IS Department Manager, MCPL
nbaugh at mcpl.info

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 8:14 AM, Mark Krenz <mark@slugbug.org> wrote:

 Has anyone tried or do you know if its possible to use SIP/VoIP phones
at the library?  Hardware or software?  I'm just wondering if they've
blocked them via a firewall or something.  I haven't tried yet, but I
thought I'd ask.

--
Mark Krenz
Bloomington Linux Users Group
http://www.bloomingtonlinux.org/
_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: