Saturday, August 2, 2008

Re: [BLUG] More OpenMoko

On Saturday 02 August 2008 11:37:17 am David M. Moore wrote:
> I'm firmly on the list of those interested in the OpenMoko, but I have
> one nagging question...which is why I'm now posting here :-)
>
> Is there any carrier in the central Indiana area that will let the
> phone be put on their network without hassle?
>
> I've been a Verizon customer for almost 12 years now, so I have no
> knowledge what so ever of the GSM side of the coin. I'm coming up on
> my next "new every 2" in September. While I'm very happy with
> Verizon, the OpenMoko could make me jump ship if any of the local
> carriers will let it be used...assuming that I can find one to buy, of
> course, since the OpenMoko store seems to be perpetually "out of
> stock".
>
> David
> davmoo@gmail.com
> _______________________________________________
> BLUG mailing list
> BLUG@linuxfan.com
> http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

if you are going for the the freerunner you shouldn't have a problem. a
unlocked gsm phone should be used on any gsm carrier with out a problem.

No comments: