Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Re: [BLUG] Open wireless connections

Steven Black wrote
>
> If you ever plan to actually *need* bandwidth to do work, then you need
> to be aware that when you need the bandwidth may conflict with when your
> neighbor needs to watch that movie from Netflix. There's nothing like
> other people streaming media to soak up your bandwidth.
>
I guess I need bandwidth occasionally, but not most of the time. I am
guessing that there must be a software solution to control who gets how
much bandwidth when I need control. (Perhaps, there is already an answer
to that question. On the road, I have not yet had time to read the more
detailed replies with full understanding.)

_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: