Saturday, October 4, 2008

[BLUG] BLUG at IU Linuxfest, Friday Oct 10

All-

This coming Friday (October 10) is IU Linuxfest in Alumni Hall inside
the Indiana Memorial Union. From what I've heard, it's likely this is
the last year for Linuxfest (at least in its current form) as the group
that sponsors it is going away.

BLUG will have a booth there. I'm taking the day off from work, and will
be there all day (10a-4p). Is anyone else free that day (or part of the
day) to join me?

I think our only goal at Linuxfest should be to spread awareness of BLUG
and tell people what we do (presentations, socializing, networking,
FLOSS advocacy, etc). I think I'll just borrow a table from my office,
and maybe print out some flyers or something to give to people. Anyone
else have any ideas (that can be pulled together in a week)?

If anybody would care to join me, I'd love it. Let me know when you can
be there, or just drop on in as you please. Sorry there's not more
notice, this all just came together sort of last-minute.

Here's a link to the IU Linuxfest Page:
http://rtinfo.indiana.edu/linuxfest/


--
Dave Cooley
dcooley@kiva.net

_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: