Thursday, July 9, 2009

Re: [BLUG] The Hub raw chat over telnet/netcat

Quoting Mark Krenz <mark@slugbug.org>:

> Well sorry folks, its just not working as well as I hoped. I need to
> get rid of the buffering issues. But it was a good experiment prior to
> the networking presentation.

It worked pretty well from over here. I saw what I was typing before
hitting enter. It didn't echo to me what I had said after I typed
enter, but I could tell by what people were saying to me that they
could see what I had typed. It told me everyone else's port number,
but didn't tell me what my own port number was, although I was able to
figure that out when people referred to me by number.

_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: