Saturday, May 8, 2010

Re: [BLUG] I don't think Linux will ever be ready for the Desktop

One thing you have to remember about FreeSoftware is it doesn't speak about price it speaks of the four freedoms. People can choose to sell freesoftware and it still be freesoftware as defined by Richard stallman

Sent from my iPhone

On May 8, 2010, at 12:48 AM, Joe Auty <joe@netmusician.org> wrote:

Simón Ruiz wrote:
Of course, my goal was to be free of proprietary software, not just to
have a free Photoshop clone.    

Can I ask why you want to be free of proprietary software? I know you're not the only one who feels this way...

Does it relate to moral opinions about selling software? Is it wanting to save money? I can't say I understand this sentiment completely. I can understand open protocols and formats, but everything else is a little unclear to me...

Feel free to speak for just yourself if you aren't inclined to speak on behalf of everybody else :)



--
Joe Auty, NetMusician
<nmtwitter.png>NetMusician helps musicians, bands and artists create beautiful, professional, custom designed, career-essential websites that are easy to maintain and to integrate with popular social networks.
www.netmusician.org
joe@netmusician.org

_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: