Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Re: [BLUG] Live CDs/Install CDs

On Wed, 19 Jan 2011, Mark Warner wrote:

> Off the top of my head, I know I've got the latest Ubuntu, Mint,
> Mint-Debian, SimplyMEPIS, PCLinuxOS KDE and Full Monty versions. I can
> pull down most anything else. I'll be happy to burn two or three of
> each. Anything else anybody would like to add to the list?

You might want to throw in a few of the Omega spin of
Fedora, which is designed to run on EeePCs; I have it on my 701
(one of the first, if not the first, oldest, smallest, slowest
models -- admittedly with a camera card). It runs fine there.

Judging from recent discussion on the fedora.general list
at Gmane, Kororaa is to KDE4 much what Omega is to Gnome. So you
might want a couple of it, too.

--
Beartooth Implacable, Curmudgeon On Line
"Thus ... shall ... evil yet be good to have been."
"And yet remain evil." -- Tolkien
_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: