Saturday, May 7, 2011

[BLUG] Music for Naught: My first attempt at a non-school programming project

Hi everybody,

Between classes, I was attempting to teach myself some PHP this last
semester, and to test out my skills, I've been working on a simple
(actually, really really simple) little web based music player
(perhaps browser is a better term) project off and on. I think I've
finally reached a point where it is usable and so have uploaded the
project for others to poke around at. If anyone is interested, I'd
love some feedback on the little project as a whole, or, especially,
any comments on the code. What things did I do totally stupidly?
What things work but could be more efficient? What things don't work
at all? There's still so much I don't know so having others poke
around at my code (I hope) will give me some ideas on where/how to
improve.

I've only tested it on one server and so have no idea if it will work
at all on other systems and configurations. You can get more
info/download/view a demo here:
http://www.shewbox.org/music-for-naught/

Thanks!

Ben Shewmaker

p.s. I kinda suck at CSS, so it looks rather bad in IE. It looks
fine in Chrome, Firefox and Safari (haven't tried it in Opera yet).
_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: