Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Re: [BLUG] Linux

Do you have a spare machine you can load it on? My suggestion is to just
load up a flavor of desktop Linux (my personal preference is
SimplyMEPIS) and have at it. Be prepared to have numerous WTF! moments
and to totally trash the system out and having to reinstall. Eventually
it will all come together, and you'll wonder why you waited so long.

JMO. YMMV.

Paul W. Proctor wrote:
> Hi,
> I am ready to take the plunge with Linux! Been a diehard Windows user
> for decades.
> I would like to know when the next Linux Fest is. I would like to attend
> one near IU.
> I would also be open to any advice for a newbie.
> I AM READY TO CONVERT.
> Thanks,
> Paul Proctor
> proctor710@comcast.net <mailto:proctor710@comcast.net>

--
Mark Warner
_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: