Friday, March 2, 2012

Re: [BLUG] Mounting a network drive

Are these CIFS file shares? or NFS?

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 4:34 PM, Kelly McEvilly <kellym@wbhcp.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If anyone is up to doing a 'Mounting network drives in Redhat for Dummies'
> primer, I'd be most obliged.   My Googling abilities seem a bit suspect on
> the topic.
>
> I have a Redhat server that I want to write backup files from to a QNAP NAS
> which runs some flavor of Linux.  I can't remember what it is off the top of
> my head and am on my way downtown to an appt with Dr. CrazyHorse but can get
> the info Monday if it's needed.
>
> I can navigate to the share on the NAS from Redhat and have no access
> restrictions on that share at all but still don't seem to be able to write
> my backups to it.
>
> I'm hoping that if I mount a drive I'll have more luck.  I just can't seem
> to get the syntax correct.
>
> Thanks In Advance!
>
> _______________________________________________
> BLUG mailing list
> BLUG@linuxfan.com
> http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug
>

_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: