Wednesday, July 16, 2014

[BLUG] new to area: suggestions for inet?

Hullo List,

My wife and I are moving to the "area" this weekend, and we find
ourselves looking for internet options. I quote 'area' because we'll
actually be living in Indy, but I can't seem to find a LUG there.
(CINLUG is presumably it, but so far my three attempts to join their
list have come up short.)

So, first off, "Hello, everyone!"

Second, can anyone offer internet provider suggestions? Our needs are
modest (currently) as I mainly surf the web and ssh to servers around
the country. My wife and I also partake in Netflix. One thing we flat
will not do is a bundled service. As a policy, we do not watch
commercial-laden TV channels, and have no need for land-line phone option.

We've been subsisting just fine on a 15 Mb/s (advertised, of course)
line, and currently paying $45/mo for the privilege.

AdvTHANKSance (thanks in advance!),

Kevin
_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@bloomingtonlinux.org
http://lists.bloomingtonlinux.org/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: