Wednesday, May 30, 2007

[BLUG] For Sale: Sun Blade 100

Sorry if I offend anyone by posting this here, but it is kinda Linux
related...

I am selling:

Sun Blade 100 w/
500-MHz UltraSPARC[tm]-IIe, 64-bit
128mb of RAM
10gb HD
48X CD-ROM
Sun PCi IIpro x86 Coprocessor card.

I bought this machine at an auction when I was in Texas, as I wanted to
run Linux/BSD on some non-X86/AMD64 hardware. The Sun PCi IIpro card is
a X86 card that you can use to run X86 software on the machine (Windows
or Linux from what I am told). The drive will be wiped clean, but you
can download Solaris from Sun's website (hobbiest license i believe) or
you can run a variety of Linux/BSD distros. This machine isn't the most
powerful workstation, but has been alot of fun to play with and get some
experience on non-x86/AMD64 hardware.

The condition of the machine is good, but there are marks with a grease
pencil from the auction and some minor scratches...i mean it is used, so
it is in used condition. You get the desktop, the monitor, and the
keyboard and mouse (as long as I can find them) for $70.00. This is
what I paid for it, minus the shipping of bringing it to Indiana via
Uhaul. The keyboard and mouse are USB. If you need, I have a PS/2 to
USB converter (so you can use PS/2 kb and mouse with it of a PS/2 KVM)
for an extra $5.

BTW: the reason I am selling it is due to getting married in 2 weeks and
just getting my HAM license. Easiest way to get some HAM gear is to
sell a computer or two.

If you have any questions, contact me off list.

Thank you,
Scott Blaydes
_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: