Monday, June 11, 2007

[BLUG] Meeting

Okay, we do not have the room reserved for a meeting this month, but
that is fine as we only had 2 people show up last month. I figure that
if we want to look at changing the meeting time, day, or location now
would be a good time to do it. Please let me know if you have any ideas
about the changes I listed. Also, do we want to change up the format of
the meeting also? Perhaps have a dinner meeting? Or maybe one meeting
with a presentation on day of the month and a dinner meeting another day
of the month. Or maybe alternate with a presentation one month and a
social meeting the next month.

I know that many members of the BLUG are working some long hours and
don't always have the time to attend meetings, but I would appreciate it
if you could let me know why you do not attend the meetings. Just email
me off list so I can get a better idea of what I need to change to help
get meeting attendance back up. I have spoken to a few companies and
individuals who have offered to do presentations for our meetings, but I
can't justify a person to drive a few hours for an audience of 2 people.
It is a chicken/egg problem. Attendance would probably raise if we
have more diverse and interesting presentations, but we need to have a
decent attendance to get more diverse and interesting presentations.

Also, some of you know it, some of you don't, but I just got married
last Saturday. I am hoping that I will now be able to spend more time
on BLUG stuff, such as updating the website. If there is someone else
who would like to help with getting meetings planned, website stuff and
other BLUG stuff, let me know.

Thank you,
Scott Blaydes
_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: