Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Re: [BLUG] Gaming session tonight will be BZFlag

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

>
> If you need to use the close source fglrx driver, then IIRC, you will be
> unable to use Open GL, and unable to play BZFlag without serious lag and
> delay.

fglrx works fine for me w/ BZFLag and all manner of OpenGL apps
(xscreensaver opengl, rss-glx, quake, etc).

- -Rich

>
> I checked the information on BZFlag fairly recently when I thought of
> playing. Unfortunately, I don't have hardware Open GL in Linux either.
> (I have a chipset which requires the fglrx driver.)
>
> Cheers,
> Steven Black
>
> On Sat, 2007-06-09 at 21:37 -0400, Gillis, Chad wrote:
>> I stopped by but it's just as well that you guys weren't around since
>> my tank might have looked a bit dorky. I got a warning: Your lag is
>> too high (1125 ms). I've never used this computer for gaming before and
>> don't have any experience setting up video so it's optimized. I don't
>> think it's a hardware problem (128 MB ATI Mobility Radeon X1400, 1.8
>> GHz dual core). I'm using vesa so maybe I need to install the
>> proprietary driver fglrx instead? Or could the lag be caused by
>> something else (besides the internet connection which is fine)?
>>
>> As stated in the wiki though, installation was a breeze. Without
>> exaggeration it took about ten seconds.
>>
>>>> Mark Krenz wrote:
>>>>> I couldn't get Armagetron's dedicated server to work, so we're going
>>>>> to play BZFlag tonight instead.
>>>>>
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> BLUG mailing list
>> BLUG@linuxfan.com
>> http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug
>
> _______________________________________________
> BLUG mailing list
> BLUG@linuxfan.com
> http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.2.2 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iD8DBQFGbq5S9hxTT7Mzu7oRAiWKAJ9j/grNn5v874C4PKh9UwRU5lSVnACeOaBN
PI7qv1LXbOyBM/cvVJQSfK0=
=tR4t
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: