Monday, August 20, 2007

[BLUG] DVD player troubles

A few weeks ago I was having some problems playing DVDs with VLC (or
mplayer, since they both use the same library). The error message I was
getting pertained to the libdvdread library: 'libdvdread: Can't seek to
block <block>'. Well, I upgraded my drive to the latest firmware
version (having to boot into my Windows partition in the process), and
for the two or three discs I have played since it worked fine... until
today, when I got the same error message that I had before.

1.) Any ideas on what I can do to get this drive to work?
2.) If not, any recommendations on which brand of optical drive to buy?
3.) Are there any brands that don't need Windows to update the firmware?

Cheers,
Evan

_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: