Monday, September 17, 2007

Re: [BLUG] LPI exams (was C++)

On 9/17/07, Steven Black <blacks@indiana.edu> wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 15, 2007 at 02:13:01PM -0400, Simón Ruiz wrote:
> > I'm going through O'Reilly's "LPI Linux Ceritification in a nutshell"
> > and, indeed, man pages. I'll also be taking the "LPI Cram Session"
> > class at the "Ohio LinuxFest University" two days before the exam.
>
> Perhaps I'll see you at the Ohio LinuxFest.

Heck yeah!

I'll be one of the people walking around in an "Ubuntu Indiana Local
Community" T-shirt <http://www.cafepress.com/inloco - thanks to Ana
and Michael>. I've chopped off the long hair, though, so don't be
looking for a ponytail ;-).

We [the Ubuntu Indiana LoCo Team that is] are meeting up for lunch,
and you're welcome to join us. All of you who are going are.

I'm particularly looking forward to maddog's presentation, "Computing
Off the Grid" though why he isn't a keynote speaker is beyond me. Poor
people speaking opposite him will probably have tiny audiences—though
that isn't necessarily a bad thing for them I suppose...and that
Python one that's going on opposite him really piqued my interest,
too...too bad.

> With regards to the LPI, I don't know if most folks are aware, but
> the Ubuntu certification leans heavily upon the LPI exams. Basically,
> it is just one final Ubuntu-specific exam after taking the two LPI
> exams.

Yeah, I read that much on the LPI and Ubuntu pages. I'll probably look
at that after I get my level ones out of the way—they should be cake
after that, I'm guessing, since I actually use Ubuntu on a daily basis
both at work and at home.

> I've not taken the LPI exams (yet). However, I have taken the MySQL
> exams.
>
> While I also had a knack for standardized tests in school, my
> experience of certification exams is that well, they're virtually
> nothing like school exams. Expect no stupid clearly wrong answers.
> Expect most of the questions to have only almost-correct answers.
> Expect more questions which explicitly have more than one correct
> answer. ("Which of the following are correct?" Answers are attached
> to checkboxes, not a radio buttons.)

Cool, well, I appreciate the heads up. I'll take all the
intelligence/advice I can get.

> Cheers,
> Steven Black

Cheers,
Simón

_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: