Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Re: [BLUG] OverLoad!

On Tue, Sep 04, 2007 at 01:21:17PM GMT, Michael Schultheiss [schultmc@cinlug.org] said the following:
>
> How hard is it to compute 42? ;)
>

Actually, I think 42 was meant as more of a joke than it seemed. I've
never read the book (shame on me) but I have a sysadmin of the year
t-shirt (No, I wasn't sysadmin of the year) that has the 101010 on the
front of it and its meant to mean that sysadmins could read the shirt
and thus have answer to life the universe and everything.

But 101010 is a number that looks kinda erroneous, like there was an
error. Perhaps it was meant to signify that after spending thousands of
years, the computer just had an error and they interpreted it to be 42.
Ok, I've been thinking about this too much, get back to work.

--
Mark Krenz
Bloomington Linux Users Group
http://www.bloomingtonlinux.org/
_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: