Saturday, October 20, 2007

Re: [BLUG] Gutsy question

Well, the Desktop Effects panel _has_ been removed, they should now be
a tab in the Appearance panel. And I think they appear even if they're
disabled.

Is your "Screens and Graphics" control panel still missing?

It sounds like your main menu options haven't quite moved over to the
new one, though that might simply be because of your alacarte setting.
Try looking through the "Main Menu" control panel (or run "alacarte")
to see if you can activate the Screens and Graphics option and
deactivate the Desktop Effects option.

Just a thought.

Simón

On 10/19/07, Joe Auty <joe@netmusician.org> wrote:
> Joe Auty wrote:
> > I'm starting to think that my initial assessment was probably wrong.
> >
> > I'm missing my "Desktop Effects" control panel here on my work machine,
> > but this is probably because my stupid ATI card here doesn't support
> > them. This is in part what threw me, I figured that it was removed from
> > Ubuntu altogether...

_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: