Saturday, October 20, 2007

Re: [BLUG] Gutsy question

Simón Ruiz wrote:
> Well, the Desktop Effects panel _has_ been removed, they should now be
> a tab in the Appearance panel. And I think they appear even if they're
> disabled.
>
> Is your "Screens and Graphics" control panel still missing?
>
> It sounds like your main menu options haven't quite moved over to the
> new one, though that might simply be because of your alacarte setting.
> Try looking through the "Main Menu" control panel (or run "alacarte")
> to see if you can activate the Screens and Graphics option and
> deactivate the Desktop Effects option.
>

Hmmm.... I have both Screens and Graphics as well as Desktop Effects.
What you say makes sense, because I was thinking that the fact that
there are desktop effect options in Appearance -> Visual *and* a
separate Desktop Effects control panel was a rather dumb usability decision.

I guess Desktop Effects are basically enabled/disabled in the Appearance
panel now, right?


> Just a thought.
>
> Simón
>
> On 10/19/07, Joe Auty <joe@netmusician.org> wrote:
>> Joe Auty wrote:
>>> I'm starting to think that my initial assessment was probably wrong.
>>>
>>> I'm missing my "Desktop Effects" control panel here on my work machine,
>>> but this is probably because my stupid ATI card here doesn't support
>>> them. This is in part what threw me, I figured that it was removed from
>>> Ubuntu altogether...
>
> _______________________________________________
> BLUG mailing list
> BLUG@linuxfan.com
> http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug


--
Joe Auty
NetMusician: web publishing software for musicians
http://www.netmusician.org
joe@netmusician.org
_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: