Saturday, October 27, 2007

Re: [BLUG] keyboard confusion

I'm not sure about QuickSynergy, but synergy doesn't give you a lot of
options other than how to connect your systems together. I use a gnome
desktop as the synergy server and I don't have any problems with keys
not working. At least I haven't noticed anything. Ctrl-Alt-Backspace
doesn't get transmitted to other machines, but that's understandable.
I think you might want to try another machine as your server and see if
you have the same issues.

I have had issues with cut and paste working between machines and
certain applications like Thunderbird. For some reason, if I copy on
one machine then try to paste into thunderbird on another, it doesn't
take, but if I paste it into something like an editor on that other
machine, then copy it and paste it into thunderbird, then it works.

Mark

On Sat, Oct 27, 2007 at 05:37:40AM GMT, Joe Auty [joe@netmusician.org] said the following:
> I'm using Synergy/QuickSynergy to control my Ubuntu computer from my
> Powerbook, but the keyboard mapping thing has me thoroughly confused.
>
> It looks like Synergy has some keyboard layout options, and on top of
> this Gnome has plenty too... For starters, what are the meta, super,
> windows, alt, and third level chooser keys? What would be the best way
> to map the control key in Ubuntu to either my Apple or Control key, and
> the alt key to my alt/option key? Should I focus on configuring Synergy
> or Gnome? Do you know whether I can get QuickSynergy to use a particular
> configuration file? I like it because it gives my wife an easy way to
> turn on/off Synergy as she needs to.
>
> If somebody would be interesting in giving me some quick orientation
> here, I'd be grateful!
>
>
> --
> Joe Auty
> NetMusician: web publishing software for musicians
> http://www.netmusician.org
> joe@netmusician.org
> _______________________________________________
> BLUG mailing list
> BLUG@linuxfan.com
> http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug
>

--
Mark Krenz
Bloomington Linux Users Group
http://www.bloomingtonlinux.org/
_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: