Saturday, April 26, 2008

Re: [BLUG] Party Hardy!

On Friday 25 April 2008 10:32:42 am Steven Black wrote:
> Was that Koversation (KDE3) or Koversation-KDE4?
>
> I can see that sort of thing being lost between the KDE3->KDE4 versions.
> Then again, I can also see using a KDE4 app that isn't designed with a
> private KDE4-specific location in $(HOME) migrating data to the KDE4
> method, which results in the data being lost when used in the KDE3
> version again.
>
> I've not noticed any problems like that myself, but then on my Hardy
> system I do very little except SSH in to my work desktop (currently 6.06
> LTS). My work desktop uses Koversation, but I'll probably not bother
> installing any of the KDE4 apps there.
>
> Cheers,
> Steven Black
>
> On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 06:47:58AM -0400, Lord Drachenblut wrote:
> > I want to throw in that Hardy managed to bite me slightly recently. On a
> > recent update, wish I would have kept track better, konversation managed
> > to lose all of my channels I had set already but it kept all my servers.
> > It also changed my default id's back to it's suggested names based on
> > user name. just a warning to everyone out there
> >
> >
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > BLUG mailing list
> > BLUG@linuxfan.com
> > http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug
>
> _______________________________________________
> BLUG mailing list
> BLUG@linuxfan.com
> http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

This was on KDE3 and I think it happened, can't date for sure, on the last set
of patches to come out right as hardy was going from beta to release. It was
something minor and the only problem I ran into. Also I should say this was
a clean install not a upgrade. All in all I was very happy with everything.
One other minor problem I want to throw out there to see if anyone else ran
into is if anyone used the alternative installer and had "weird issues" with
the display during install. The best way I can describe it is the
alternative installer didn't detect my laptops lcd properly and was very
fuzzy. but post install it all worked fine.

Cheers

No comments: