Sunday, July 13, 2008

Re: [BLUG] recommendations on a good digi cam

Yeah, thanks everyone for their input.  My uncle also has been a powershot user for the last several years and always recommended them.  Now to decide which model, how many megapixels, and what extra features I want/need.

I think some of the appeal of having a camera that takes AA's is that if you need replacement batteries, they are available worldwide.  The proprietary  work fine for most  people most of the time, I'm sure.  But I guess it is a personal thing and I just like having the option of finding batteries no matter where I am.  I do have some rechargeable AA's and I'm not a big photographer so I find that this works fine for me.  And I completely agree with staying away from Sony and their proprietary formats.  In fact I tend to try to stay away from most Sony products in general precisely because of their obsession with closed hardware.  I mean, do they really have to come up with their own format for every type of media? 

But, yeah, thanks for the input everybody.

On Sun, Jul 13, 2008 at 5:28 PM, Mark Krenz <mark@slugbug.org> wrote:
On Sun, Jul 13, 2008 at 04:45:06AM GMT, Matt Zink [matthewzin@gmail.com] said the following:
> just a matter of preference.  These even seem kinda cool:
> http://www.usbcell.com/
>

 Wow, those are cool!  Not having to carry the charger with you would
be awesome.

--
Mark Krenz
Bloomington Linux Users Group
http://www.bloomingtonlinux.org/
_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: