Sunday, September 7, 2008

Re: [BLUG] changing filesystem UUIDs (was: Amarok)

Ghost supports at least some of the various Linux partitions. If you're looking for a free alternative, you might look into g4u.


--
Jeremy L. Gaddis
Network Administrator
Ivy Tech Community College
812.330.6156 (w) 812.391.3971 (m)

--------------------------
Please excuse any spelling errors. This message was sent from my PDA.


From: blug-bounces@cs.indiana.edu
To: Bloomington LINUX Users Group
Sent: Sun Sep 07 16:04:08 2008
Subject: Re: [BLUG] changing filesystem UUIDs (was: Amarok)

Slightly off topic... is there a good program anyone might recommend for use with Linux that might act like Ghost or whatever to make back up images of hard drives? Probably a stupid question, but I have never done that. I generally just back up personal info and make clean installs. However, I am interested in the possibility, of reinstalling an old image if, say, I try a new version of my OS and decide I preferred the old one better: I wouldn't have to reinstall all the past upgrades all over again.

Thanks,
Matthew

No comments: