Monday, September 22, 2008

Re: [BLUG] New OS

On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 07:28:16PM GMT, Mark Warner [markwarner1954@att.net] said the following:
> That's been my experience in *most* cases, but....
>
> Most recently, I set up a box for a "charity case" (friend of wife) with
> PCLinuxOS. Wife went out and bought a new printer (HP, at my insistence)
> to go with it. Came back with an All in One print/copy/scan gizmo.
> Printing set up automagically, but the copy/scan function would *not*
> work for nuthin'.
>

I used to have problems like that, but since about Ubuntu 7.04 I
haven't. Do you remember which printer it was? I have a HP Officejet
5610 that works great under Linux. Even our big color laserjet 3550n in
our office works now.

Also, how did you test the scanning?


--
Mark Krenz
Bloomington Linux Users Group
http://www.bloomingtonlinux.org/
_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: