Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Re: [BLUG] scheme programming

Well, it all depends. When I was an undergraduate of math major, we had
to take the course 'Introduction to Mathematics". It started with logic
and then number theory. More than 30 years later, I still consider
that's one the most valuable courses I have ever taken. No, I don't use
number theory for my work or daily life. But I still benefit from the
training of logic thinking, elegance of theorem proving, etc. up to
these days. IMHO, scheme is like that. It's a very elegant language in
many respects and is a very simple language for training. It's a static
scoping dialect of Lisp and can be OO. (Elisp in emacs is not scheme,
BTW.)
_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: