Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Re: [BLUG] BLUG at IU Linuxfest, Friday Oct 10

Sounds great! Yes, there will be power available and I'd love to have
somebody else around. If you get there and can't find us, we'll be
sharing booth space with the School of Informatics.

I'd love and Edubuntu demo, I haven't messed with it myself.

Dave Cooley
dcooley@kiva.net

James Marple wrote:
> Well i can be there but i haven't really met anyone yet due to
> meetings being on tuesday's.
>
> Are you going to have power available can bring a demo of edubuntu . I
> have been setting up some machines with it for Penny Lane West the
> kids love the games it has .
>
>
>
> Dave Cooley wrote:
>> All-
>>
>> This coming Friday (October 10) is IU Linuxfest in Alumni Hall inside
>> the Indiana Memorial Union. From what I've heard, it's likely this
>> is the last year for Linuxfest (at least in its current form) as the
>> group that sponsors it is going away.
>>
>> BLUG will have a booth there. I'm taking the day off from work, and
>> will be there all day (10a-4p). Is anyone else free that day (or
>> part of the day) to join me?
>>
>> I think our only goal at Linuxfest should be to spread awareness of
>> BLUG and tell people what we do (presentations, socializing,
>> networking, FLOSS advocacy, etc). I think I'll just borrow a table
>> from my office, and maybe print out some flyers or something to give
>> to people. Anyone else have any ideas (that can be pulled together
>> in a week)?
>>
>> If anybody would care to join me, I'd love it. Let me know when you
>> can be there, or just drop on in as you please. Sorry there's not
>> more notice, this all just came together sort of last-minute.
>>
>> Here's a link to the IU Linuxfest Page:
>> http://rtinfo.indiana.edu/linuxfest/
>>
>>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> BLUG mailing list
> BLUG@linuxfan.com
> http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug
_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: