Thursday, January 15, 2009

Re: [BLUG] open-source twitter workalike

> There are benefits of using something like Twitter?
>
You'd be surprised what you can get out of "crowd-sourcing."
> I thought it simply existed to distract people from the fact that
> they don't really have a life and that they're generally miserable.
> Wait, it sounds like it is ideal for business purposes now that I
> think about it...
>
Depending on how you use it, it's a great communication tool. I don't
post what I'm eating for lunch or when I'm taking a poop, but I do try
to reply to people asking questions. You generally get out what you put in.

I mainly mentioned Identica because I heard a lot of people at the geek
dinner saying they use Twitter. I figured I should tell who I can about
open-source alternatives.

-Barry
_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: