Monday, March 2, 2009

Re: [BLUG] Re: BLUG Digest, Vol 13, Issue 1

My dad didn't get a choice. One day I drove over to Nashville and
replaced his antique PII W98 box with a newer PIII running PCLinuxOS. I
showed him the Internet button, the Email button, and the Write button.
Then I left.

He hasn't looked back. I get the occasional tech call, but it's always
of the 'how do I' nature, which means he's still havin' at it. I'm over
there every few weeks, and get it all updated and make sure everything
is working properly. Save for having to reinstall the printer one time
(don't ask me, it just quit working) and an AT&T modem that crapped out,
it's been solid for two years now.

He's 83. I hope he's cruisin' pr0n.

-
Mark Warner
SimplyMEPIS Linux v6.5
Registered Linux User #415318

Mark Krenz wrote:
> That's great! Can you talk to my dad. ;-) Ironically, he never
> trusts me when it comes to computers. Probably some of you have the
> same problem, but still have to do "tech support".
>
>
> On Tue, Mar 03, 2009 at 12:49:19AM GMT, Initech [initech@comcast.net] said the following:
>> freeman@freeman-desktop:~$ uptime
>> 19:46:16 up 1 day, 18:57, 2 users, load average: 0.22, 0.25, 0.18
>>
>> Not that impressive, unless you consider that until last month I was
>> running Windows. My family made the switch to Ubuntu and love it.


_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: