Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Re: [BLUG] Bloomington Lan party April 18th @ Fountain Squre

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 06:50:24PM GMT, Steven Black [blacks@indiana.edu] said the following:
>
> Yeah, that is true. I'm a little old-school, though. I'm a big fan of
> ASCII-based games. I like some graphical games, but a lot of the times
> they just annoy me.
>

Playing ascii art games in a terminal, while maybe interesting and fun
(try skijump), is the ultimate stereotype of how things are in Linux.
One of the reasons I started holding Linux gaming days back in 2005 was
to try to break the stereotypes and show just how much was available and
possible. I remember someone making a wise crack about terminal games
just like that back in 2005 when I was announcing the first Linux gaming
fest.

Often games in Linux are capable of more than their Windows
counterparts. A lot of normally full screen only games (especially the
commercial ones) can be windowed and minimized instead of having to run
full screen all the time.

--
Mark Krenz
Bloomington Linux Users Group
http://www.bloomingtonlinux.org/
_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: