Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Re: [BLUG] Digital TV tuners and Linux

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 01:49:37AM GMT, Joe Auty [joe@netmusician.org] said the following:
>
> I have, with Myth.. I've used both an analog and digital tuner/receiver
> with my Hauppauge capture card.
>

And you are using this with Comcast right? What digital settings
should I be using? QAM 256? Broadcast?

I've been able to record analogue cable just fine by doing:

cat /dev/video0 > output.mpg

And this was with a Hauppauge PVR-500

But now I'm trying to do digital with a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250, which
doesn't have analogue support under Linux yet, but does have digital
ClearQAM and ATSC support. I am able to tune in digital channels, but
the quality is really poor and there are lots of artifacts. I'm
wondering if I'm using the wrong settings or something.

Does anyone have a card like this?

--
Mark Krenz
Bloomington Linux Users Group
http://www.bloomingtonlinux.org/
_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: