Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Re: [BLUG] Digital TV tuners and Linux

Mark Krenz wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 01:49:37AM GMT, Joe Auty [joe@netmusician.org] said the following:
>> I have, with Myth.. I've used both an analog and digital tuner/receiver
>> with my Hauppauge capture card.
>>
>
> And you are using this with Comcast right? What digital settings
> should I be using? QAM 256? Broadcast?
>

I'm doing this with a Canadian satellite provider, actually. This
provider provides both analogue and digital channels, although many of
their digital channels cost extra money to subscribe to, so I have very
little. I'll have to double check my settings, but I wouldn't be
surprised if I was just using Broadcast.

> I've been able to record analogue cable just fine by doing:
>
> cat /dev/video0> output.mpg
>
> And this was with a Hauppauge PVR-500
>
> But now I'm trying to do digital with a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250, which
> doesn't have analogue support under Linux yet, but does have digital
> ClearQAM and ATSC support. I am able to tune in digital channels, but
> the quality is really poor and there are lots of artifacts. I'm
> wondering if I'm using the wrong settings or something.
>
> Does anyone have a card like this?
>

What kind of cable to you have connected to your Hauppauge card from
your receiver?


--
Joe Auty
NetMusician: web publishing software for musicians
http://www.netmusician.org
joe@netmusician.org
_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: