Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Re: [BLUG] ssh and screen

On Mon, Jul 06, 2009 at 01:15:09PM -0400, Steven Black wrote:
> My laptop is configured to block SSH connections from the network, but
> it has SSH running locally with PAM-based passwords. (I've taken to
> doing this as some applications complain about the controlling PTY not
> belonging to the UID if I just do a "su $OTHERUSER -". In this context I
> think either method should work just as well.)

Ah-ha. It is 'screen' itself that complains when you try to launch
it from a shell started via 'su'.

$ screen
Cannot open your terminal '/dev/pts/1' - please check.

I knew there was something I used regularly that complained about it.

--
Steven Black <blacks@indiana.edu> / KeyID: 8596FA8E
Fingerprint: 108C 089C EFA4 832C BF07 78C2 DE71 5433 8596 FA8E

_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: