Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Re: [BLUG] tracking downloads of a single file

We used to use awstats (pretty sure that is what it was called) to do
our own local tracking. We used it in combo with Google Analytics.

On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 10:46 AM, Ben Shewmaker<ben@shewbox.org> wrote:
> Two part question really:
>
> One, is there an easy way to track downloads of individual files on my
> website?  I have a few files in particular I would like stats on, and I
> don't seem to have a way to do that at the moment. (I'm a bit clueless on
> this subject actually)
>
> Second, what stats program(s) do others on the list use?  I like Google
> Analytics, but I'm curious if there are other notable programs that run
> locally vs. a tracking service in the cloud.  Any good open source ones?
> I've been using Analog and Google so far. . .
>
> Ben
>
> _______________________________________________
> BLUG mailing list
> BLUG@linuxfan.com
> http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug
>
>

--
Kirk Gleason

_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: