Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Re: [BLUG] [OT] Software for Ivy Tech students

Removing the sticker frrom the equipment renders it invalid. It is
hard to remove anyhow. An OEM license can only be used on the
equipment for which it was purchased.

On 11/4/09, Jeremy L. Gaddis <jeremy@evilrouters.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 6:26 PM, Jose <ignasilucas@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I recently got a new laptop, to replace one whose graphic card is broken,
>> and I don't use Windows. The guy in the store told me that I could sell
>> the
>> stickers in the bottom of my laptops. I didn't understand him well: is
>> that
>> sticker all what you need to get a distribution of windows? I don't even
>> know how much I can get from them, so any Ivy Tech student could fool me
>> easily. Let me know if you want the stickers. On the other side, I agree
>> that Linux should be taught in schools, and not Windows.
>
> I believe the numbers on those stickers are all one would need to
> install/register/whatever Windows.
>
> IANAL so I won't comment on the possible (il)legalities.
>
> And, FWIW, Linux is most definitely included in the curriculum of
> certain courses at Ivy Tech.
>
> --
> Jeremy L. Gaddis
> http://evilrouters.net/
> _______________________________________________
> BLUG mailing list
> BLUG@linuxfan.com
> http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug
>

--
Sent from my mobile device

Kirk Gleason
_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: