Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Re: [BLUG] [OT] Software for Ivy Tech students

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 6:26 PM, Jose <ignasilucas@gmail.com> wrote:
> I recently got a new laptop, to replace one whose graphic card is broken,
> and I don't use Windows. The guy in the store told me that I could sell the
> stickers in the bottom of my laptops. I didn't understand him well: is that
> sticker all what you need to get a distribution of windows? I don't even
> know how much I can get from them, so any Ivy Tech student could fool me
> easily. Let me know if you want the stickers. On the other side, I agree
> that Linux should be taught in schools, and not Windows.

I believe the numbers on those stickers are all one would need to
install/register/whatever Windows.

IANAL so I won't comment on the possible (il)legalities.

And, FWIW, Linux is most definitely included in the curriculum of
certain courses at Ivy Tech.

--
Jeremy L. Gaddis
http://evilrouters.net/
_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: