Monday, June 7, 2010

Re: [BLUG] Linux in Commercial Aircraft

Sorry for dredging up these old threads as I clean out this inbox. I took a couple photos as the in-flight entertainment system rebooted 2-3 times on takeoff. Finally, after it appeared it had been frozen for about 20 minutes, it started playing Indiana Jones 4 at a random point in the first 1/3rd of the movie.

http://ibmgeek.shacknet.nu/album/index.cgi?d=2008-10-15_Netherlands_trip&id=DSCN0025.JPG

-Nathan


Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 15:10:40 -0400
Subject: Re: [BLUG] Linux in Commercial Aircraft
From: kgleason@gmail.com
To: blug@cs.indiana.edu
CC:

In the college mall in Bloomington, one of the photo booths had crashed one time .... it was a GTK error in GIMP. Looked to be running in KNOPPIX. My wife had no idea what I was so excited about ...

--Kirk

On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 2:27 PM, Peter G. Brown <pgb@kiva.net> wrote:
In line with David's post I was recently on a flight where the aircraft had touch screens (select movies etc). As we were in the process of being pushed back from the gate the airline lost what appeared to be all power (it was certainly not the normal chain of events). When the power came back on the inflight entertainment system started. In the row in front I noticed one screen displaying output - looking closer I saw the typical linux boot up messages! Made me chuckle - I wasn't aware of this. The airline was Air Canada, eh.
_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug



Hotmail is redefining busy with tools for the New Busy. Get more from your inbox. See how.

No comments: