Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Re: [BLUG] OT -- need AGP video card

Thanks Kirk. I've responded off-list.

Kirk Gleason wrote:
> I am amassing a pile of stuff to dispose of at work. I'll check and
> see if there are any AGP cards in the pile. If so, you're more than
> welcome to take any of them ...
>
> On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 9:27 AM, Mark Warner <mhwarner@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I've been working on a charity
>> take-two-junkers-and-make-one-workable-box project on and off for a few
>> days, and could really use a more recent video card than what I've got
>> available.
>>
>> The problem I'm running into is that the owner has a 19" widescreen LCD,
>> and the antique ATI Rage card that I've got doesn't support any
>> widescreen resolutions under Windows. The latest driver is dated 2001.
>> (This is set up as a Win/Lin dual boot, and of course I have no problem
>> at all on the Linux side -- the vesa driver gives me 1280x800 OOTB.)
>>
>> If anybody has a more recent AGP card laying around that they could
>> spare (preferably nVidia), I'd appreciate it if you would allow me to
>> put it to good use. As I said, this is a charity project -- the owner
>> has a collection of donated components that I'm this -->|==|<-- far away
>> from making into a usable system.
>>
>> mhwarner at gmail...
>>
>> --
>> Mark Warner
>> _______________________________________________
>> BLUG mailing list
>> BLUG@linuxfan.com
>> http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug
>>
>
>
>


--
Mark Warner
MEPIS Linux
Registered Linux User #415318

_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The belt cοuld be ωorn whеreνer ѕo
you сan gеt a excellеnt oρеrаtе out
taking a cat nap or wаshing propеrty.


Μy blog post :: http://Www.Prnewswire.com/news-releases/flex-belt-review-and-latest-coupon-code-savings-now-featured-at-awesomealldaycom-190317331.html

Anonymous said...

Τhе smoκe from this item сan be сleaгеd out in
a mаtter οf mіnuteѕ.


Feеl free to vіsit my wеbsite :: scottgrimes.net

Anonymous said...

Flex belt is accommodating and straightforward to use.


my blog ... flex belt review