Thursday, March 31, 2011

Re: [BLUG] Evolution and IU's Exchange servers

I used the same Thunderbird/Lightning setup with my Zimbra mail server and it worked flawlessly for all calendaring functions.  Zimbra has their own mail client which I use now.

The Zimbra Ajax web client also works perfectly for any type of calendaring.  I believe even the HTML client gives access to all calendaring.

I swear I'm not bringing this up just to rub salt in the wounds of all the MS Exchange slaves...


----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Colvard" <cjcolvar@indiana.edu>
To: blug@cs.indiana.edu
Sent: Thursday, March 31, 2011 12:32:11 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re: [BLUG] Evolution and IU's Exchange servers

I've used Thunderbird and the Lightning plugin to add meeting requests to my local or google calendar.  Over time this has proven to be rather flaky, but has sort of worked.  I was not able to create any meetings in the Exchange server though.

-Chris Colvard


On 03/31/2011 12:17 PM, Williams, Jeffery Allen wrote:
Is the web version of exchange unreasonable? <www.exchange.iu.edu>
I never found a good solution. My work is so MS centric, I ended up making a winXP virtual machine.
Jeffery Williams
Software Engineer
IU Cyclotron Operations
--
Warning! Sent from my Android phone.

Brian Wheeler <bdwheele@indiana.edu> wrote:
Has anyone gotten this to work, for calendaring in particular?

I'm using imap to access mail on the exchange servers, but I really need to get calendaring. Barring that, does anyone have a reasonable way
(outlook in a vm isn't reasonable) to deal with exchange calendaring?

Brian
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug
_______________________________________________ BLUG mailing list BLUG@linuxfan.com http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug


_______________________________________________ BLUG mailing list BLUG@linuxfan.com http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: