Sunday, April 3, 2011

[BLUG] looking for (linux friendly) offsite backup options

Does anyone have any recommendations on offsite backup options? I
know there are a number of companies with varying offers on price and
storage, but a number of them only work with their software (usually
windows/pc only). Right now I have an Ubuntu box serving as my NAS,
so ideally I'd love to be able to continue to backup to that, then
have that box backup to the cloud. I have around 50 gigs of
photos/vids/other docs right now that I really need backed up, but of
course that will only grow as I take more pictures and videos and
whatnot. What about something like Rackspace or Amazon s3? Or they
purely enterprise solutions or are they doable and/or affordable for a
home user? Or is there some other company that will provide what I
need?

Thanks!
Ben
_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: