Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Re: [BLUG] Att dsl

On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 11:25 AM, Simón Ruiz <simon.a.ruiz@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't endorse DD-WRT over OpenWRT or Tomato. I've used them all, and
> they all do what we need done. I've never needed anything from them
> besides what's available from the basic web config menus.

My only complaint with DD-WRT on my old Buffalo router was the slow
performance on wireless when transferring large files. That never
happened with the stock Buffalo firmware.

I ended up replacing it with an HP AP420, which I think is now
discontinued but can be found cheap online. It doesn't have 802.11n,
but its 802.11g is plenty fast for my needs.

Kevin

_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: