Sunday, May 6, 2007

Re: [BLUG] Ubuntu Question

Just install the desktop edition and you can add whatever you want afterwards.


--
Jeremy L. Gaddis
Network Administrator
812.330.6156 (w)  812.391.0358 (m)



----- Original Message -----
From: blug-admin@cs.indiana.edu <blug-admin@cs.indiana.edu>
To: blug@cs.indiana.edu <blug@cs.indiana.edu>
Sent: Sun May 06 14:12:21 2007
Subject: [BLUG] Ubuntu Question

Hi Guys,

I have recently decided to switch from Red Hat to Ubuntu (or at least give
Ubuntu a trial run).  I seem to be having some installation problems though.
That is, I want both the desktop installed and the server.  However,
whenever I install the server edition, all I get is a CLI and when I try to
install the desktop, it wants to do an entire new installation.  The same
thing seems to happen if I try to do this in reverse.  I'm still wrestling
with the docs but I was wondering if anyone here on the list had a quick
solution to this?  Is there a way to have both the LAMP server and the
desktop installed or do I need to go back to Red Hat for this?

Thanks

Dan



_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: