Thursday, May 31, 2007

Re: Key Server WAS: Re: [BLUG] FW: Ohio LinuxFest 2007 - Registration Open

I am kind of scared of a key server. A few years back there was a hole
found in PGP keys that would allow (the ADK problem maybe), but it
rendered the keys on most keyservers untrustworthy. While I love the
idea of more ppl using encryption, it needs to be trustworthy.

Anyways, just my two cents.

Thank you,
Scott Blaydes

Matt Standish wrote:
> Are you using a keyserver? Maybe we should set up a Bloomington one.
> It only takes a few minutes, let me see what equipment I have in my
> basement :)
>
>
>
> On 5/31/07, * Simón Ruiz* <simon.a.ruiz@gmail.com
> <mailto:simon.a.ruiz@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> So, I recently set up a GPG key so I could sign the Ubuntu Code of
> Conduct, and installed FireGPG so I could use it on G-Mail, but
> everytime I get an e-mail from you on list it makes sure to let me
> know your key is not valid.
>
> I UNMASK YOU, YOU NOT JEREMY L. GADDIS PERSON!
>
> On 5/30/07, Gaddis, Jeremy L. <jlgaddis@ivytech.edu
> <mailto:jlgaddis@ivytech.edu>> wrote:
> > -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> > Hash: SHA1
> >
> > Simón Ruiz wrote:
> > > Ack! I should be getting my presentation application in...
> >
> > Yeah... I was trying to think of a good topic myself.
> >
> >
> > - --
> > Jeremy L. Gaddis
> > Network Administrator
> > 812.330.6156 (w) 812.391.0358 (m)
> >
> > -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
> > Version: GnuPG v1.4.7 (MingW32)
> >
> > iD8DBQFGXiy7zhrjA9m/OxgRAkPvAJ0Rbf7y3SoYXJvl1zuhBUyFDqcCiQCeM0Q1
> > wrbN2zG1Lz9qdLUEFn1mreU=
> > =JJLL
> > -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > BLUG mailing list
> > BLUG@linuxfan.com <mailto:BLUG@linuxfan.com>
> > http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug
> >
>
>
> --
> -Simón A. Ruiz
>
> _______________________________________________
> BLUG mailing list
> BLUG@linuxfan.com <mailto:BLUG@linuxfan.com>
>

http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug
>
>
>
>
> --
> Matt Standish
> MSN Messenger: mps_@hotmail.com <mailto:mps_@hotmail.com>
> Yahoo Messenger: mattstandish@yahoo.com <mailto:mattstandish@yahoo.com>
> Google Talk: mstandish

_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: