Friday, June 29, 2007

[BLUG] The July Presentation

I was actually thinking of holding back on the Makefile presentation until
I needed to do a presentation off-the-cuff. I can yack about it at will for
hours.

I was part of the group that designed Be's non-recursive fully-dependant
GNU Make-based build system. I'm probably the only one on the list that
knows both that there were some very useful changes between GNU Make 3.80
and GNU Make 3.81, and what those changes were.

If we have a projector, I'm thinking of giving a presentation on making
GDM themes. Though I may do just an over-view and cover customizing the
entire initial boot up (for Ubuntu, at least) with Grub background images,
Usplash themes (the only part Ubuntu-specific), GDM themes, and easy themed
screen savers.

I'd then accompany the presentation online with an article going over the
things I mentioned in the presentation with appropriate links.

If there's no projector, I'll give more of a speech about GNU Make. It won't
have pretty pictures, but it'll have content.

One way or another, there will be a presentation.

Cheers,
Steven Black

On Fri, Jun 29, 2007 at 10:34:42PM +0000, ben lipkowitz wrote:
> Looks like you are the next presenter; congratulations!
> Seriously though, all the things on your list sounded good to me.
> (well, except for the migrating from evolution stuff)
>
> I'd be interested in hearing about "cool stuff in python" and "why
> Makefiles go bad".
>
> I got my first laser printer today and now have the joy of setting it up.
> Is it just me or does CUPS really suck? I thought I could just type
> "printconf" but no..
_______________________________________________
BLUG mailing list
BLUG@linuxfan.com
http://mailman.cs.indiana.edu/mailman/listinfo/blug

No comments: